31. John had been working hard and .
A. so had his brother B. so his brother had
C. so was his brother D. so his brother did
32. You should leave the cage immediately ?you wish to be killed by the bear.
A. unless B. lestC. for fear thatD. on condition that
33. If I were in a movie, then it would be about time that I ?my head in my hands for a cry.
A. bury B. am buryingC. buried D. would bury
34. It is essential that all these features ?twice.
A. being checked B. are checked C. checked D. be checked
35. Many people are reported ?in the natural disaster.
A. being killedB. to be killed
C. to have killedD. to have been killed
36. ?to finish quickly.
A. Not every worker wantB. No every workers want
C. Not every worker wantsD. No every worker wants
37. I don’t doubt ?she will learn a lot during her stay in China.
A. whetherB. ifC. thatD. what
38. One and a half years ?passed.
A. are B. wereC. haveD. has
39. I knew nothing about his journey ?he was likely to be away for three months.
A. ifB. in thatC. except thatD. which
40. Advertising is distinguished from other forms of communication ?the advertiser pays for the message to be delivered.
A. in order thatB. in thatC. asD. for